Tuesday, April 6, 2010

YOGA

I spent about a month teaching the Skyview Lacrosse Boys yoga. It was so much fun, and these pictures tell it all. They wanted to do something to set them apart, and help with their focus and mental game. I recently started doing yoga, after resisting for a long time, and it is fabulous. My achy hips, and tight hamstrings have recieved their relief! If you are considering trying Yoga, you should, if anything to mix up your exercise scheme. It is great to supplement biking, running, swimming, anything really. Hear are some tips, I would give, and I know I am not the expert, but here goes...

Your going to like it! Naturally, some poses will be uncomfortable, but overall you will feel refreshed and energized!
Optimism! This is key to anything, and you can practice being optimistic and confident in Yoga!
Good for the body and the soul. I have notcied my posture more, and have tried to correct it to bring more energy through my body.  In yoga they focus on letting things out of your mind, and focusing on one intention, great stress relief!
Agility. Flexibility is always something to improve!

It was fun to teach, and now I need to keep my yoga going.  I was impressed with how much the guys took on to yoga!

3 comments:

  1. Bahahha I love this dan!! So nice that you got to do it outside. Look at all of them with there feet off the ground!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so fun. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool. Way to go. I know I should start yoga, maybe you could be my instructor.

    ReplyDelete