Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ode to the Kids!




We miss our Nieces and Nephews! I don't know how we got so lucky to have the cutest nieces and nephews! I just looked at the pics that Em sent, and I loved to see Eli's first day of school pics. I hope he likes it! And D's football game. Those were great pictures. I like the one where D is in the shotgun! I thought I would write some good mems that we had with the kids this summer...
Dave, James, and Josh
We loved tending you that weekend after we were married. They had a remote control airplane that flew over the fence, and we looked everywhere for it. Finally, we figured it was lost, and gave up. Then later that day this nice neighbor lady brought it to us! That was sweet!
Andrew-
I think the best was seeing Andrew skiing early morning with Fro and JP. He was a little nervous, but once he was up, he skiied forever! He was smiling and waving, it was the best! We love Andrew's energy~
Claire and Rachel-
Nate and I had fun tending the girls right before we came here. I think one of the more nerve racking things is taking them swimming! They don't quite have a sense that they can drown if they don't hold on, so they just took off. You just can't take your eyes off them for one second! It was pretty funny! They are so loving and happy!
Eli-
I was so impressed that day we went swimming with Eli's swimming skills! He showed Nate and I how he could jump off the wall and swim with his head down, no problem! Also I love watching Eli lead the other boys in all his creative games. He has the best imagination.
Jane-
Jane is so cute. I am glad she is really opening up to us! Before she wouldn't really talk to us, but now she will just stand by you and chatter. I love how she takes one thing you say and just goes off about it! I can tell she tries to be like Eli, she loves her big brother!
Owen-
Visiting Ali and Pete on the way out here was the best. Owen was pumped to show us his house and toys. He kept wanting me to read books to him when we were there! The best was that he kept calling me Dan! Owen has the best faces, and you can always tell how he is feeling because his expressions tell it all!
Anders and Weston-
Cutest little babies! I loved how they both just smiled when you looked at them!
Elsie-
Probably one of the smartest little girls. I am so impressed by all that she knows! Nate and I love when Elsie says things that are grown up like "mom should we hang out now?" I loved going swimming at the pirate ship with Els. She would just stand under the falls that dumped on her. Also getting ice snows (snow cones), she loves those just like I do. Riding on the tuba with Els was the best, she is getting to be more daring! I miss you Els!
Addie-
Addie is so fun to tend. It is hard to keep up with her because she will roam anywhere. I loved pushing her on Elsie's bike, and catching her when she jumped off the wall at the swimming pool. Addie is way more cuddly than Elsie, she will come give you loves. One day I fell asleep rocking Ads to sleep in her chair. I think we both slept there for a half hour!
Gracie-
I get to be close to Gracie this fall and hopefully we will tend her on Thurs! Gracie is a talker and growler! Yet, she is such a good baby, we didn't even hear her cry before or after bed, or in the night! She is a cutsie!



1 comment: