Thursday, October 8, 2009

The BIG Apple...Oh so sweet!



Yes... That is me in front of the WICKED poster on Broadway, and I am not just a poser. Nate, who is the best husband ever, suprised me with the WICKED tickets just a couple days before we left for New York. Thanks to our hard work cleaning this summer, we got to see the amazing show! Nate really liked it too. I was so grateful to him for getting the tickets, I owe him big!



It was fun to meet up with Blair and Emma. The picture of Manhattan was taken from the ferry to Ellis Island, and Liberty Island. It was such beautiful weather. We walked around a lot so we mosied around Times Square, Central Park, Uptown, Midtown. We made a visit to the Financial District, and saw Ground Zero. They had a cool memorial museaum with quotes and pictures. It made it more real to me, and really brought out the devestation, yet hope of the victims and their families.
alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5390292042272323538" />


Ellis Island was one of my favorite places. In this picture I am standing in the Recording Room. About 1,000 immigrants passed through this room every day! They came from all over so there were interpreters, medical doctors assessing their health, and people who would sort them. Most of the immigrants were assigned a place to go like Philidelphia or Indiana, and then they would have their destination pinned to their hat or coat, and the workers would hand them their train ticket. The accounts said they were apprehensive, but filled with joy to be in America.




Nate was excited to show me Federal Hall, which was the First Capitol of the U.S. He is standing next to a statue of George Washington, because this is where he gave his first inaugural address. It was only Capitol for one year before they built another in Philidelphia. I was pumped to take a pic of Nate in front of the First capitol since he works at the acting capitol now!



A cool thing about visiting New York is seeing all of the places where movies are filmed. I liked seeing the Plaza Hotel, and Central Park, we even ate at Cafe Lalo which is in You've got Mail. Emma and I are pictured in front of the famous Museum of Natural History, from Night at the Museum. I was pumped just to see it! New York was such a great trip! We loved it, it was even good staying in Brooklyn! Oh and the pizza is dreamy in New York. Just for future referrence.

3 comments:

  1. This looks like such a fun trip. I'm so glad you were able to go. I am still very jealous of you getting to see Wicked! Way to go Nate, getting those tickets! I'll remember to eat pizza if I ever get there.
    Loves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it makes me want to go back to New York again! I knew you'd love Ellis Island. It is probably my favorite place as well. I'm so glad you guys had a rockin' trip. Wicked...LUCKY! Tyler laughed when I told him you used the cleaning check for the tickets. Way to go Sessions Place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so fun to hang out with you guys! I'm glad it worked out. And I'm still dreaming about Angelo's pizza...

    ReplyDelete