Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Running in the Dark

So today the alarm went off like normal, we pulled ourselves out of bed, and I could hear it was pouring rain. Boo. It's pretty pitch when we go running in the morning, so we have to be careful of cars, obviously. Today I was wearing my BRIGHT yellow shirt from Boston. It is basically neon, and I thought this will be nice and visible. We had just crossed the street and were heading down to our home, when we saw about three cars waiting to turn left. The first two went because we weren't quite to the crossing. We approached the crossing and I waved in my BRIGHT yellow shirt to make sure he saw us. He paused, but I waved again to make sure he knew we were there. Just as it seemed he would wait for us, and as I continued past the FRONT of his car, he started pulling out! I was suddenly running sideways to get out of his way, but he kept coming for me even though I was right in his headlights! I got away just in time and his bumper just nicked my shoe! Ah! Poor Nate, was just standing by watching, he felt horrible. No the car never slowed, or even stopped to see if I was ok. Needless to say it was an Eventful morning, and I am fine. Hey I guess it brought up the question of what to do if you are ever going to get hit by a car, again. It's good to have a plan for that I suppose. Our next purchase... seriously though.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear that the car didn't hit you, I would have hated to have a hurt or dead Dani! Dad says you need a blinking red light on your arm. Stay safe!!!!
    Loves!!!!!

    ReplyDelete